Inh. Renate Wolber
Obere Grüben 8
97877 Wertheim, OT Bettingen
X-Rite ColorMunki for the calibration of monitors, projectors and printers
ColorMunki Photo is an integrated color control system that gives you control over your monitor, projector and printer. As a result the color on the screen always matches the expression. The feature-rich, wizard-driven software can be run in two different modes, Simple and Advanced. By selecting "Customize the printer to monitor" you will be guided from A to Z through the profiling process for the monitor and printer. Alternatively, you can directly select the profiling of the individual devices. All you need for this is the All-In-One Spectrophotometer.
With the included Pantone color data, you also have a digital color fan that displays the nearest Pantone color to your color sample at the touch of a button.
With intuitive profile technology for RGB and CMYK printers, you get high-quality profiles in a fraction of the time you've spent so far. Simply scan the 50 measuring fields of the target and ColorMunki knows directly how your printer handles these colors. Then, a second target is dynamically created to print and rescan. After that, your profile is perfect. And ColorMunki can even more. You can further optimize the profile with your own images, and continue to "train" it with your specific colors, gray and skin tones.
And what happens to the profile after creation? No problem! With AppSet, ColorMunki can automatically communicate with many photo and design applications, such as Adobe Photoshop CS3, InDesign CS3 / 4, QuarkXPress 8, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4, or Corel PainterX.
The image control lies in your hands and you can automatically extract colors from your images. Of course, you can also easily create your own color palette from your favorite pictures manually. And even more - ColorMunki Photo can measure individual colors directly from print samples. Once you've created your own palettes, you can automatically sync them with CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4, Corel PainterX, or Creative Suite applications such as InDesign, Illustrator, and QuarkXPress 8. You can also import custom palettes directly into another photo or design software.
ColorMunki's new PrintSafe feature can check colors in a variety of lighting situations or print types. This will immediately show you which colors are outside the printable gamut before a real image is printed - saving time and money.
With ColorMunki DigitalPouch, you can easily share images with others. Just drag the image into a DigitalPouch file. There it will be "zipped" and is ready for fast sending. The receiver does not require additional software, everything is integrated in the zip file. The DigitalPouch file is complete in itself, and the images are displayed with the corresponding profiles in the integrated viewing environment. DigitalPouch also directly checks the receiver's monitor to see if a current monitor profile is being used. If the monitor doesn`t have a current profile, then a warning is issued.
Whether Mac or PC - ColorMunki Design is a low-priced tool with which brings you color-accurate images from your monitor to paper. With ColorMunki you have all doors open - no matter how you present your work, nothing can go wrong here and everything looks exactly as you had imagined.
Download the application video via ColorMunki: Windows version Mac version
The ColorMunki device
- All you need is a single device - with the all-in-one spectrophotometer, you can create profiles for the monitor, projector and printer and also measure colors.
- The digital color palettes Pantone PMS and Pantone Goe allows the use as a digital color fan - set up the measuring head, trigger the measurement, read the nearest Pantone color.
- The calibration badge is integrated, so nothing is lost.
- In addition, you get a protective bag, which also serves as a holder for the measurement of the monitor - and all in a handy, compact package.
- The intuitive wizard guides you quickly and easily to high-quality profiles that you create especially for your own monitor, projector or printer.
- Simplified and Enhanced Profile Modes: Simple Mode selects the most common options suitable for photographers who want to create profiles quickly and easily. However, if you want more control over your colors, then you can make settings for white point, contrast, brightness, and ambient light in advanced mode.
- With the intuitive Photo ColorPicker you can easily assemble and verify color palettes.
- When sending pictures to your customers, DigitalPouch guarantees that the colors are right with the ViewSafe feature.
Profiles for monitor and projector
- Calibrate and profile LCD, CRT and laptop monitors so you can rest assured that the on-screen display will match the printout.
- If ColorMunki detects a DDC-compatible monitor, then all advanced calibration functions can be performed automatically. So you almost automatically get a high quality profile.
- In advanced mode, you can set the brightness of your monitor to ambient light or any other value.
- After measuring the ambient light, the optimized white luminance is displayed. If you then optimize the monitor luminance you will see the target and actual luminance on the monitor.
- Simplified workflow for setting brightness and contrast through automatic cap prevention.
- Adjustment of the Video LUT, so that the target luminance can be set accurately.
- Custom or default file names can be assigned to the profiles before saving
- With ColorMunki, you can quickly and accurately create projector profiles to get perfect colors for your presentation.
- With the built-in reminder function you will never forget about the regular calibration and a before / after display shows you the improvement directly.
Profiles for RGB and CMYK printers
- With ColorMunki, you don`t have to painstakingly measure individual color patches as you would with other systems - instead, you can scan the target with ColorMunki, which takes less than a minute.
- Simply scan the 50 target fields of the target and ColorMunki knows directly how your printer handles these colors. Then, a second target is dynamically created to print and rescan. After that, your profile is perfect.
- And ColorMunki can do more. You can further optimize the profile with your own images, and continue to "train" with your specific colors, gray and skin tones
- With AppSet, you do not even have to worry about how to apply your new printer profile. ColorMunki communicates with your photo and design programs and automatically chooses the right printer settings.
- You can automatically extract colors from the images in your library, or drag them directly from an image into your custom color library. And it goes even further - ColorMunki Photo can even measure single colors directly from any surface.
- With the new PrintSafe feature of ColorMunki you can check colors in different lighting situations or print types. This will tell you immediately which colors are outside the printable gamut before a real image is printed.
- If you have created your own palettes, you can automatically synchronize them with Adobe Photoshop CS4 Macintosh, InDesign CS4 (Macintosh or Windows), QuarkXPress, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4, or Corel PainterX. Of course you can also import directly into another photo or design software. Note: The AppSet plug-in is not supported by the current version of Adobe Photoshop CS4.
- With DigitalPouch you can quickly and easily show your works to others. DigitalPouch is a self-extracting program that allows you to integrate color management into your images' viewer.
- Simply drag the image you want to send into a DigitalPouch file. There it will be "zipped" and ready for fast sending.
- The receiver does not require additional software, everything is integrated in the zip file. Double-clicking the package displays the embedded profile image in a color-managed viewing environment. The DigitalPouch files can be used independently of the operating system - you can send the package to Windows and Mac users alike.
- DigitalPouch also directly checks the receiver's monitor for a current monitor profile and shows if ViewSafe is being used and if it`s a color-accurate environment. So you and your customer can be sure that the color integrity of your images is maintained in all viewing situations.
Direct access to interactive trainings
The interactive training modules give you user-friendly, easy-to-understand instructions for:
- Calibration and printing made easy: Coherence from the display to printout: LCD and laptop calibration and profiling of the projector and printer
- Versatile design features: You can pick colors from anywhere and get a color-accurate preview with PrintSafe.
- Easy communication: With DigitalPouch you can create self-executing files with your images, which will first check the ViewSafe conditions at the receiver, so that the colors are displayed correctly.
- Color Basics Explained: Enhance your color comprehension with the comprehensive color glossary and learn more about the ideal viewing environment.
Scope of delivery, overview of functions
- ColorMunki spectral measuring head with integrated white reference for reflection and light measurement with UV cut filter
- Pantone PlusSeries inks (formerly PMS), Goe inks and Munsell Glossy color palettes to determine the nearest Pantone or Munsell color tone to the measured color (digital color fan)
- ColorMunki software for profiling
- Monitors, printers and projectors
- Printer RGB and cmyk (new technology)
- Profile optimization function for optimal image reproduction
- beamer profiling
- Compensation of ambient light during monitor profiling
- ColorMunki software for digitizing and editing colors
- Creation of color palettes for Adobe products
- Measuring colors of any surface
- Separation of special colors in scale colors
- Digital Pouch Software:
- Review and distribution of images with correct screen display
- ICC profiles can be assigned and embedded
- checks if ICC profiles are embedded
- Not suitable for proofing and media wedge evaluation
Features of ColorMunkiDescription of ColorMunki Photo & Design Version 1.1