Inh. Renate Wolber
Obere Grüben 8
97877 Wertheim, OT Bettingen
Gloss scale for the visual determination of the gloss level of surfacesThe new gloss graduation scale in fan shape allows a definition of the gloss level of surfaces without expensive measuring technology. This makes the gloss meter a brilliant work and consultation aid.
Painters, architects, designers and buyers can quickly and easily decide in which gloss level ordered products should be delivered.
From 250 pieces, the Gloss Meter is available with individual company imprint. Prices and further information can be found in our Advertising Material section.
- Fan size 60 x 200 mm, gloss surfaces 60 x 35 mm
- 6 gloss levels: dull matt, matt, semi-matt, semi-gloss, gloss and high gloss
- Gloss levels with reflectometer values of 5, 20, 40, 60, 75 and 90, measured at 60°.
- All gloss levels in 4 colors: White, Gray, Red and Black
- High quality lacquer coating on paper
- Developed in accordance with the gloss scale of Dr. med. Boller under consideration of DIN EN ISO 2813.
- The gloss meter has a free field on the back for attaching a sticker 60 x 55 mm.
The gloss of a surface is measured with reflectometers according to DIN EN ISO 2813. Reflectometers are measuring devices that determine the directional reflection of a surface.
The surface is illuminated at a certain angle (20 °, 60 ° or 85 °). The proportion of light reflected at the opposite side at the same angle is measured. This reflectometer value is the gloss level with respect to a certain angle.
In the industry gloss levels are only measured or reported in reflectometer values. Since not always a glossmeter was available, in 1955 by Dr. med. C. Boller developed a gloss scale that uses standard patterns to define six different degrees of gloss: dull matte, matte, semi-matte, semi-gloss, gloss and high gloss.